UNCG welcomes the lawful attendance of its public meetings. To help protect access and promote the transaction of public business in an efficient, safe environment, the following rules will apply to all events held by UNCG and its Board of Trustees. We ask that attendees conduct themselves in a manner respectful of fellow observers, the Board, and members of the University community including faculty, staff, students, and presenters.
Meetings of the Board of Trustees and its committees are public meetings, rather than public hearings. Participation is limited to members of the board and designated staff. Attendees at official meetings and committee meetings of the Board of Trustees cannot lawfully engage in conduct that distracts, disrupts, or impedes the transaction of Board business, or interferes with the rights of others to observe and listen to the proceedings.
The number of people granted entry to any event may be limited by venue and seating capacity and/or seating limitations. All attendees are subject to screening. As part of a continuing effort to protect public safety, security officers will prohibit public visitors from bringing the following items into the meeting facility:
• Backpacks, duffels, or suitcases. Employees and credentialed media are not affected by this policy but are subject to search.
• Any sign or object larger than 8.5 inches by 11 inches. Signs may not be made from wood or metal.
• Bullhorns, noisemakers, or other amplification devices.
• Sticks, posts, poles, pipes, or other such items, even if attached to signs.
• Items that may create a building maintenance problem or a fire or safety hazard.